Preparation and Aftercare
- Wax on a regular basis, preferably every 4-6 weeks as this will reduce the strength of the hair and in most cases reduce re-growth
- Please advise your therapist if you are using active skincare e.g. Image, Environ etc
- Avoid caffeine prior to your visit, as it stimulates your nervous system.
- Do not shave or use depilatory creams in between waxes.
- Waxing can be carried out during your period provided you are wearing a clean tampon.
- We do advise if you are hypersensitive, that you do not schedule your visit for during this time as some clients find it a little more sensitive.
- We require 3/4 weeks’ growth for a clean wax. This may vary with each client
- Prior to your treatment do not use body lotions, self-tanners, perfumes or deodorants.
- Please inform us if you are pregnant or if there are any changes to your medical health.
Please avoid the following for 24-72 hours after your wax
- Hot baths, showers, sauna and swimming pools
- Direct contact or friction to the area
- Exercise and excessive perspiration
- Exposure to heat treatments e.g. sunbeds or sun exposure (48 hours)
- Body lotions, self-tanners and perfumes,
- Tight clothing (e.g. underwear, tights and jeans)
- Exfoliate every 2/3 days to avoid ingrown hairs
Ingrown hairs are a condition whereby the hair curls back or grows sideways into the skin. Common symptoms include red spots, itchy skin, whiteheads (pustules) and localised inflammation, which can sometimes be painful. They are caused by all the various forms of hair removal. The most common cause results from not carrying out the correct aftercare procedures, post-hair removal. Ask your therapist for advice on avoiding and treating ingrown hairs
It is perfectly safe to wax during pregnancy. Please consult with your doctor prior to your first visit and inform your therapist, should any medical changes occur throughout. You can have waxing done right up to your due-date but we recommend about a week before then as this time frame best covers all possible eventualities. A little tip is to stay well hydrated on the day and have a little snack prior to your treatment.
We recommend every 4-6 weeks or intervals recommended by your therapist based on the rate of your hair growth. Pregnancy hormones can increase hair thickness, speed up your hair growth and even darken hair so that it appears thicker. This is completely normal. Book your appointments working back from your due date, this way you will be organised, and it will be one less thing to have to think about.
Etiquette for Bikini waxes*
You will be given the option to wear our paper underwear or your own underwear.
Same as basic bikini but g-string underwear is recommended should you choose to wear your own.
Brazilian & Hollywood
You will be required to remove your underwear. A modesty towel will be provided.
*If you choose to wear your own underwear we cannot assume responsibility for any oil or wax spillage onto the fabric.
Taking care of your nail enhancements, once you leave the salon, should be high on your priority list. In order to maintain your nail enhancements for the long term, follow these simple guidelines:
- Use cuticle at least once (ideally twice) a day. The best time to do this is at night, right before bed.
- Using cuticle oil twice per day will prevent the product becoming brittle which may cause cracking and/or breaking of your nail enhancement. It will also help to nourish the skin around your nails supporting the health of your nails.
- If your nails become too long before your next appointment shorten your nails using a file. NEVER use nail clippers, as this may shatter your nail enhancement and damage your own nail underneath.
- We recommend that you get a refill every 3 weeks. The longer you go between fills, the more chance you have to experience lifting and/or breakage, which can result in “greenies” on your nail. This is a bacterial infection caused when water gets trapped between the nail enhancement and your own nail.
- If you experience any lifting, or chipping do not peel the gel off – contact us and we will arrange for a repair or removal
- The most common reasons for nail lifting or nail breakage is treating your nails as “tools” instead of “jewels” or biting or picking the nails themselves. Try to avoid “tapping” your nails, being heavy handed or opening cans.
- Wear gloves for all washing up, work with chemicals, cleaning, gardening and decorating.
- Moisturise regularly but avoid hand creams containing lanolin which can cause lifting.
- Products containing an SPF can also cause lifting so wipe nails after application.
- Do not file the tip of your nails as there is a seal created which keeps the gel strong, breaking this seal will allow them to chip.
- Always have your product professionally removed.
Spray Tan Preparation
The key to a long-lasting perfect golden glow is in your preparation before hand:
- Thoroughly exfoliate your skin paying particular attention to typically dry areas (knees, heels, elbows)
- Exfoliating will remove dead skin and provide a new, smooth surface for your tan. This helps to promote even coverage and lengthens the duration of the tan
- Shaving, waxing and moisturising should be completed at least 24 hours prior to your appointment
- Avoid applying any products that may act as a barrier to the spray tan such as deodorant or perfume
- If you have applied anything to the skin prior to your appointment simply wipe away any product with a baby wipe
- Bring loose, flowing, dark clothing to change into once your treatment has finished
- Avoid wearing socks and a bra afterwards if possible as anything too tight will mark your tan
- Let your tan set for at least 7-8 hours (overnight if possible) before showering/bathing. This allows your tan to develop
- Stay away from water – do not wash your hands or get caught out in the rain without an umbrella
- Avoid wearing socks or shoes after your tanning session in order to allow the tan to develop properly on your feet
- Avoid wearing tight clothing for at least 5 hours. This includes tight fitting jeans, bras, etc
- Avoid applying moisturisers or deodorants
Maintaining your tan
- Avoid long hot baths and showers.
- Lightly exfoliate your body every 2/3 days
- Please avoid using Dove products as these can lead to your tan breaking down sooner.
- Pat your skin dry after bathing rather than rubbing which causes unnecessary friction on the skin
- Moisturise daily using a non-oil based moisturising cream or lotion
Enjoy your new gorgeously golden glow!